Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Final Reflection Blog

Final Reflective Blog for this year
5-13-15

            The three most important things I learned this year were how to write a proper summary, how to write a proper paragraph, and how to write a proper essay or argumentative paper. I thought that I knew how to write all of these kinds of writing, but being in this class has helped me how to make each of these writings even better and proper. Before entering this class I thought that a summary was written with a copious amount of detail and with evidence, but now I have learned the right way to do it. I also have learned that each paragraph should be based on one topic and supporting details. I also learned how to find strong arguments and evidence to support for an argumentative essay.

                Something I did in this class that I would remember for the rest of my life is the Argumentative unit, because I learned about Death With Dignity. Death With Dignity is something that I learned about and that I am very compassionate about and I feel like it is something that I would know forever and that I would want it to be legal in my state. I feel like the argumentative unit not only helped me write better argumentative essays but helped me see why it is important to be ale to respect people's choice and not to judge them on their decisions, because they are the ones that know what they are going through and why they are making that decision.

                 The nicest thing anyone ever did for me in this class is help me understand, complete, and review something. I felt like it was very kind of them to do to take their time to help me. Someone helped me with my argumentative essay and my blogs. I am not so good in grammar, and helping me out with my mistakes was very benign of them to do. Even when they weren't done with their write up, they still took their time to help me out.

             Something I taught my classmates and my teacher this year in this class was about all my A.O.Ws that I talked about. One of the A.O.Ws that I taught them was about a man who is trying to raise awareness for wildlife, and has turned poachers that were selling baby gorillas into farmers, so they wouldn't have to sell baby gorillas any more. He even created a tour company to raise even more money for poachers and for their country. I feel like every time we do a gallery walk for the A.O.Ws I learn something from my classmates and they learn something from me, as well as my teacher.

             I feel that I made the biggest improvements on my writing. I used to write summaries with evidence and a lot of detail, and now I have accomplished how to write a proper summary. I also accomplished to write a paragraph with thought and detail. Writing on blogger daily has helped me improve my writing and grammar. Practicing on NoRedInk has also helped me make a big improvement on my grammar.

             The most challenging part of this class this year was time management. I struggled with managing my time. I also struggled a lot with deciding when to complete work and assignments. That is why I would always have to be completing all of my work and assignments the day before it is due. I guess that being in this class might have been a struggle but it did help me a lot with learning how to manage my time, even thought I struggled the most with that.

               The best piece of writing that I completed this year was my argumentative letter that I wrote for Death With Dignity. I feel like it was my best piece of writing because I was compassionate about the subject, I put a lot of effort into it, and I felt like I was pretty convincing with my evidence and my essay. I am very compassionate about this subject because my grandpa died because of cancer, and I feel like if he had this option he could have died peacefully instead of with pain. Therefore I want others to be able to have this option, so I worked really hard to try to convince our governor.

              My favorite books that I have read this year was The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time, and Alabama Moon. I loved The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time because it was really good and there was a lot of conflict and a mystery in the book. I may have read this book a long time ago, but I still remember most of the plot. Alabama Moon was also one of my favorites because it reminded me of Hatchet and because it was filled with action and conflict.

             I would tell the kids entering this class next year to be able to mange your time correctly, and to create a schedule of when you want to be completing your stuff. I would also tell them to try their best and to never give up. Once you are able to manage your time correctly, I feel like you are able to do a great job in this class. Creating a schedule of when you want to complete work each week also ties in with managing time. There will be times where you might struggle a lot, but just keep your heads up and try your best!

                 

No comments:

Post a Comment