Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Of Mice And Men: Movie Vs. Book

Of Mice And Men
5-12-15
Prompt: Section 3, Movie Ending Vs. Book Ending

                   The flashback from the end of the scene in the movie shows how Lennie and George walk into the sunset. I think the director decided to end the movie with a flashback instead of how the book ended to show George and Lennie's connection and to show how even if things didn't end well they still lived a good life together.I feel like this left the audience very gloomy and confused because they would want to know what George decides to do and how will live on. I think that the feeling at the end of the book is different because it tells you that he ends up going with the rest of crew/people, and that wouldn't leave you that much confused as in the movie.

                    The book ends with  Carlson saying "Now what the hell ya suppose is eatin' them two guys." I feel like this line tells us that Carlson never really saw the connection between George and Lennie and thought that George didn't really care about Lennie. I think this because if he said that then he doesn't think that George is melancholy about what he did to Lennie. This quote probably leaves the reader feeling mad, but at the same time really gloomy. I felt mad because Carlson didn't feel the least bit sad about Lennie dying and how he didn't realize that Goerge was upset because of that. I also felt gloomy because of what George did to Lennie, and I was so sad that Lennie had to die.

                    I honestly loved this book so much, and thought it was one of the best books I have read, but I got furious at the ends of the book. I really liked how the author showed the relationship of George and Lennie as a love and hate sort of relationship. I also thought it was better that the author decided to make Lennie and George and friends and not related to each other, because I feel like if they were at all related they would act differently around each other and they would have a different kind of relationship. The most profound impact or intense emotion that the book gave me was when George shot Lennie in the back of his head. I was so dismal yet so mad, because I really wanted the dream to happen for George, Lennie and Candy. I would recommend this book to everyone one because it was just so good and I loved it!

                     
             

No comments:

Post a Comment