Friday, April 8, 2016

3rd Quarter Reglections Blog

Prompts: In what area do you think you have made your biggest improvements in English Language Arts?
What is some thing you have accomplished this quarter that you are proud of?
What has been the most challenging part of 3rd quarter for you and what did/can you do to help overcome this?

          The most challenging part of 3rd quarter for me was being able to keep up with all of  my work and submitting it on time. I feel like time management has always been a struggle for me, and I am getting a little bit better at it but it is still very challenging for me. I am sporadically changing my ways with my time management. I feel that sooner or later, I will finally be able to manage my time and submit all of my work on time with my best quality. Something I can do to help myself overcome this would be manage my time a lot better with all of my classes. I can organize my days in the week in which for each day I plan what I am going to be doing so that I can turn all of my assignments in on time. I could organize a planner for myself to use every week, and this could help me know what things I have to get done on a certain date. This could help me a lot with my time management and so that I won't have to be doing my work at the last minute. This way I'll be able to turn in all of my assignments on time with good quality.

          Something that I have accomplished this quarter that I am proud of is completing my butterfly project and doing the argumentative essay. These projects and essay were both really fun assignments for me and I definetely enjoyed working on these. I am proud of how I was able to submit my butterfly project and complete all of the steps for the project on time. I am also proud of my work that I put forth into the project. I worked really hard on the butterfly project and I am proud of the quality of my work. Doing this project also allowed me to learn a lot more about the Holocaust. The argumentative essay was something that I also really enjoyed doing because I was very interested in the topic. I was able to get a plethora amount of knowledge on scientific and commercial testing on animals. That is something that I am also proud of because I was able to learn new things that I didn't know before. Also I am pretty proud of my essay in general because I thought that it turned to be pretty good.

          The area that I feel that I made the most improvement on in English Language Arts would be with my writing. I feel that I made the most improvement with my writing in this class because we have been learning many tips that has helped me with my writing. We have been doing many mini-lessons on certain writing tips which has helped me improve a lot. I feel like I noticed how my writing has improven with my argumentative essay. In this class, we also have recovered basic writing tips that I may have forgotten about which helped me remember those basic writing tips. That itself also has helped me with my grammar in my writing which is one the main parts of writing. I like writing a lot, and I feel like this quarter I have been able to get more into writing and have gotten more interested when it comes to my writing. This helps motivate me to try my best on whatever piece I am writing. Trying my best always on my writing is something else that has helped improved my writing.


No comments:

Post a Comment