Thursday, May 5, 2016

Socratic Seminar Morrie Reflections

Tuesday's With Morrie
05-5-16

          The Socratic Seminar influenced my thinking with the reading and life in general in many ways. One way the Socratic seminar influenced my thinking with the reading is that it helped me think about stuff that I may have not thought of before. It made me think more of how Morrie's childhood could have had a big impact on Morrie and helped him become the person he was in his days of living. It also made me think if maybe Morrie's mother had not passed away so early, then he wouldn't of become the person he is today. The Socratic seminar also really made ,e think about what would happen if I were to die tomorrow. This makes me want to live life to the fullest because you never know when you're going to die. It makes me want to make sure that I always forgive when I get the chance and never have any regrets.

           I noticed many trends that I had throughout my personal goals for each Socratic seminar reflection that we did. I noticed that for every Socratic seminar, one of my personal goals would be to contribute more into the conversation. I feel like I did a decent job of getting into the discussion and adding more of my thoughts, but I also felt like I could've done better. I could've added more of my ideas and thoughts into the conversation. Another thing that I noticed throughout my Socratic seminar reflections was that one of my personal goals was to bring more people into the conversation. I wanted to pull in different people that were shy, and weren't speaking much. Another trend that I noticed was that I wanted to improve on being able to keep the conversation going. I wanted to be able to add more ideas to the topic and discussion so that we can keep the discussion going.

          I noticed that many of the trends of goals for the whole group were very similar to my personal goals. I think the reason for this, is because I wanted to improve on myself so that I could help improve the entire group as well. I noticed that one of the main group goals I had was to not interrupt others as they speak. I feel like this was a problem, because many people didn't know when others were going to speak, so many ended up speaking at the same time. Another group goal I had was to be able to keep the conversation on a certain topic going. I feel like this was a problem because we would jump from different topics too fast and weren't able to stay on a certain topic for a good amount of time. I feel like the best seminar we had was the last one, because we were able to learn from our mistakes from the past seminars. We were able to improve on not interrupting others, and we brought many more people into the conversation. This also kept the discussion going and it brought in new ideas to the conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment