Monday, May 23, 2016

"This I believe" Speech

          When was the last time you faced a challenging problem, but was able to overcome it with the help of others and with your effort? I think everyone faces a difficult challenge at least once in their lifetime. I believe in perseverance and effort.

          I remember that about five months ago, I was going through a rough patch. It was this time of year, where I had a big downfall with myself and my schoolwork.  I got very behind in one of my classes, and I just kept digging a deeper hole for me to get out of. I wanted to just give up and change classes. I wasn't thinking of how this would affect me in the long run. I convinced myself that I wouldn't be able to get caught up.

          With the support of my parents, teachers, and friends, I was able to realize that I could get caught up, and be able to succeed. I learned to never give up so easily, and that you can accomplish anything if you really set your mind to it.

          I believe that everyone has the ability to be able to preserve and accomplish something that you may think of as a challenge. Don't ever give up on something just because you find it a bit difficult. Instead of giving up, prove yourself that you can achieve anything. Trust me, once you accomplish something you felt you couldn't, you will feel a lot better about yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment