Monday, January 25, 2016

2nd Quarter Reflections

January 22, 2016

          Honestly, I think that 2nd quarter was a big downfall for me but I can also take it as a big learning opportunity. I fell really far behind in class and I was at a point where I was done with everything and I just wanted to give up. The most challenging part of this quarter was being able to catch up with my fellow peers on all the work that I missed. To help overcome this and to help myself do all of my missing work, I took time out of a weekend to be able to catchup with part of my work. I wasn't completely caught up with just one weekend but it was a start. Then on Christlmas break, I did some of my missing work to get even closer to being completely caught up. On the first week of school after Christmas break, I worked really hard to be able to get all my missing work finished, and I was finally able to get caught up with the rest of my class.

           I didn't get much accomplished in the 2nd quarter due to my big downfall that I had during this quarter. The only thing I did get accomplished was being able to get caught up with all my work after I felt like giving up. I can say that I feel very proud of myself for doing that, because I honestly didn't think I was going to be able to get caught up. I didn't have much hope for me in the beggining of 2nd quarter, but I realized that you should never give up. I learned everyone is always going to have a point in their life where they are going through a really hard time, and you are going to have many of these points in your life. I realized though that even though you are going through a really rough time, you shouldn't just give up and quit. You should try your best to be able to overcome through what your going through and it is going to end up making you feel really good after you overcome it all.

           I have to say that I feel like I didn't have much improvements on anything, but I would have to say my biggest improvement this quarter would be on my mentality and state of mind. At the beggining of the quarter, all I wanted to do was quit and give up. After being able to look at things differently, I feel so much better and so much charged with my mentality of this class since the begging of the quarter. Now that I was able to overcome through everything that happened to me this quarter,  I am going to try my best from now on in this class. I feel like this class has helped me in so many ways that I am thankful for and I wouldn't want to give that up. Being in this class also even helped me a lot with my other classes. Every week I am learning something new, and I've also been able to keep up with what is going on this world due to the Article of the Week responses that we do.

       

1 comment: