Tuesday, January 5, 2016

TKAM Final Blog

To Kill A Movkingbird by Harper Lee

Prompt: 1) Which character do you like the best?
              2) Do any of the character's feelings change as you've read? Explain why or why not.
              3) If you could change what your reading, what would you change?

           Scout is the character that I like best from all of the characters in the book To Kill A Mockingbird. Honestly I had to think about this one, because I really liked Atticus' character as well so it was a bit hard for me to decide on which character. The only reason why I like Scout a little bit better than Atticus is because I feel like I could relate to her a lot more than I could relate to Atticus in many different ways. I really like Scout because she is independent when it comes to making choices and having her own opinions. She judges people based off of how they act and not just by their looks which is another reason why I like her.

           I feel like a lot of the characters throughout the book change their feelings. Some of the characters I believed changed their feelings mostly is Scout, and Jem. I feel like their feelings changed a lot when it comes to Boo in the begginning of the book and at the end of the book. At the begginning of the book, their feeling towards Boo was all negative and they thought of Boo as of a horrible person but just based off of rumors they have heard. At the end, they were able to actually meet Boo and get to know him, for he have saved their lives. After they actually got to know him, their feelings towards Boo were a lot more positive and they actually liked him, and they learned not to judge someone based off of rumors or of what they have heard.

           Honestly, if I was able to change what I was reading, I wouldn't change any of it because this was a great book. I feel like even though I wouldn't change anything, I would have added more to the end of the book because I didn't really like how the book ended. I feel like if Harper Lee added a bit more to the book at the ending it would be a lot better. I didn't like how it was the last time that Jem and Scout ever got to see Boo, and that kind of makes me sad because Boo had just saved their lives and they had barely just got to know him and they were becoming good friends. Besides this, I don't think I would change anything else because this honestly was a great novel.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear that your thoughts on the novel changed once you gave it a shot!:)

    ReplyDelete