Monday, January 11, 2016

TKAM Setting Comparison

            When I first saw the picture, I noticed a lot of the advertisements that were painted on the walls, and the Coca-Cola banner. I also noticed how the picture was black and white and a little blurry which would infer that this picture was taken a long time ago. I also noticed how there wasn't just one advertisement for Coca-Cola but a few of them one the walls. Another thing I noticed would be the way the people are dressed in the photograph. They don't have fancy clothing, they all have some casual clothing, and all them seam to be wearing similar clothing. I also noticed how they are all wearing hats. You can also see what it seams to appear as a bunch of newspaper stacked on each other in a little cart.

            I picked this photo to symbolize what I think what Maycomb would look like because I believe it has many similar qualities as to how Harper Lee described Maybomb. Harper Lee described Maycomb as being a little town with not that much of a population. This photo can also symbolize a sort of small town. You can see that there isn't many people in this photo on the streets, the street doesn't look busy, and it looks very calm and peaceful. That makes it seem like a small town, which is what Harper Lee said about Maycomb. In the book, they also mentioned Coca-Cola a lot, and this photo has many advertisements of Coca-Cola. Harper Lee also said it was an old town which would make sense why the picture was taken a long time ago. I know that the picture was taken a long time ago because it is black and white. Those are just some of the similarities between this picture and the discription of Maycomb, which is why I picked this photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment