Saturday, February 21, 2015

Weekly Blog for 2-8-15

Call Me Maria

2-8-15
Pages Read: 0-30

Prompt: Describe the setting – when and where what you are reading takes place.
Prompt 2: Describe the similarities and differences between the main character and you.       

          There are two settings in the book Call me Maria. One of them takes place back on her island in Puerto Rico, and the other takes place in the U.S.A. In the beginning of the book, Maria was a little girl and lived with her mother, and father on the little island in Puerto Rico. Then her father starting missing his own home where he was raised in the U.S, but her mother wanted to stay on the Island. Her father left to continue work in his hometown, and then he came back. Maria had the option to stay with her mother, or leave with her father. She decided she wanted to explore the world and leave with her father to the U.S.  Therefore right now Maria is living with her father in the U.S, while her mother is still on the little island in Puerto Rico.

          Some similarities that Maria and I have are that we were both born out of the country.  Maria was born in Puerto Rico, and I was born in Mexico. Another similarity that Maria and I have is that we both learned english at a young age. Maria was taught by her mother and I was taught by my cousins and father.  Another similarity that Maria and I have is that we both cam to the U.S.A at a pretty young age.  Another similarity that we have is that both our fathers were born in the U.S.A, yet both our mothers were born out of the country. A last similarity that Maria and I have is that we like to make people, friends, family, and ourselves happy. 

         Some differences that Maria and I have is where we were born. Maria was born in Puerto Rico, and I was born in Mexico. Another difference that Maria and I have is that Maria was taught english by her mother, and I by my father. Another difference that Maria and I have is that Maria came to the U.S.A when she was around six or eight years old, and I came to the U.S.A when I was three. Another difference that Maria and I have is that Maria is a lot older than me, while I am only 13 years old. A last difference that Maria and I have is that Maria lives with her father, when I live with both of my parents.
       



No comments:

Post a Comment