Friday, October 17, 2014

1st Quarter Reflection Blog

      I can't believe that it is already the last day of the quarter. I guess it is true that "Time Flies" when you are having fun! I have accomplished so much in these few months that have gone by. Some things that I have accomplished is learning about characterization, blogging, and I have also improved on the 40 book challenge. These are just a few things that I have improved on and learned, if I told you all of them it would be longer than 5 pages!

      Before I came into Mrs. Larson's class I did not realize what characterization was and that it takes a big part in writing a book. I have now learned that characterization is how a writer or author introduces or tells you about a character. The kind of ways that an author can show you characterization is by indirect and direct characterization. Indirect characterization is when the author hints you about the characteristics of a character by actions, words, or thoughts that a character shows. Direct characterization is when the author directly tells you the characteristics of the character. Now when I look into a book I will be be to tell whether the author is using indirect or direct characterization.

      One thing that I really did improve on was blogging and the 40 book challenge. Before I began 7th grade I started to read a book. In the summer I got very interested in this one book that I finished in like 4 or 5 days! In 6th grade I probably did not even finish 1 book in the entire year. In 7th grade I started to read a lot more but now that I want to read a lot I don't have much of chance. In these few months I have read only 2 books for the 40 book challenge. This is not because I am too lazy too read, but because I have been so busy since the first quarter has started. Blogging has also made me a lot more interested in reading. I feel that blogging has helped m improved on not just my blogs but my writing in general.






No comments:

Post a Comment