Thursday, October 23, 2014

"The Fault In Our Stars" Blog

The Fault In our Stars by John Green
10-23-14
Pages Read: 174- 230

Prompt: Are The Characters Realistic (Do they seem like they could be real people) Why or Why not?

        I believe that the character do seem very realistic and real. One reason why I believe this is because they have feelings. For example in the story I read " I still wasn't angry, exactly, but I was very focused on getting the thing I'd been promised." Mostly every human being like me when I want something I don't just forget about it. Everyone at one point in their life gets angry because they don't get something they want. In this situation Hazel the main character has went all the way to Amsterdam just to get something she really wanted. She wanted to know the ending to her favorite book "An Imperial Affliction". The author had promised her to tell her the ending but only to her. Then the author of her favorite book gets drunk and does not tell her the ending, so she gets angry. To me that sounds realistic.

        Another factor that could make them real is the fact that the three main characters have cancer. Hazel, Augustus, and Isaac all have cancer, which to me sounds pretty realistic. In the story I read " Not to one-up you or anything, but my body is made out of cancer." Augustus Waters said that line to Isaac to inform him that was diagnosed to cancer again without trying to make it sound super sad. A lot of people still today have cancer. For example my grandpa died from stomach cancer when I was just 7. Augustus was diagnosed with cancer earlier in the book the author said that Augustus was for now had no proof of cancer in his body. Later in the book he took a pet-scan and was diagnosed with cancer again. To me this sounds very realistic because it is something that my grandpa had gone through.

        One last thing that I believe makes them realistic is the bond of their friendship between the Hazel, Augustus, and Isaac. Their friendship and the way they help each other out and give advice to each other is pretty realistic because in real life that is how friends are supposed to help each other out, like how my friends are always supporting me and giving me advice. For example in the book I read that Isaac was going through a rough breakup after the surgeons got his eyes out because he had cancer in his eyes. Augustus thought it was a good idea to buy eggs and throw them at her house and car. He wanted to do this so Isaac could feel better about himself. Hazel even though she though vandalism was bad went along with it to support Isaac and to support Augustus' idea. I think that this was so sweet of Augustus and Hazel to do this for Isaac, and Isaac appreciated the idea a lot.












2 comments:

  1. I agree. Great blog. I like your pictures

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great blog. I know my friends would do that for me if something had happened to me. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete