Thursday, March 26, 2015

Poetry Reflection Blog

         In my life, poetry does have some importance. I read poetry a lot when I am mad, sad, discombobulated or stressed out. Poetry helps me relax myself and get mind off things to be able to understand and think about the poem that I am reading. Sometimes I get befuddled when I am reading poems, and this may be the cause of me giving up on the meaning or moral of the poem. Poetry helps me concentrate, and give me motivation towards anything. Poetry may even influence me to try out new things even if I feel the experience won't be good.

        I think poetry does belong to everyone, even if some people may get very befuddled while reading poems. I think that there is a least one poem that sticks out to everyone, and a poem that they can relate to. Poetry belonging to everyone doesn't have to mean necessarily that everyone reads or likes it. To me it simply means that everyone can relate to a poem and be able to express their thoughts as they read throughout the poem. There is at least one poem that every one can like. Many people can like funny, sad, happy, or any genre out there, and poems are made out of every genre out there too.

       The life experiences that a poet has had or has lived through can affect the diction, theme, and the genre they write about. If someone has gone through some bad stuff, then they will most likely think about all the bad stuff, and leave out the good stuff in life. This may cause someone to just focus on writing about bad stuff. On the other hand if someone had a good childhood and life, they will focus on all the good stuff in their life and not think about the bad stuff. Edgar Allan Poe had a dark life, leading him to write most of his poems about scary and bad topics.

       
I commented on Joseph's, Lilly's, and Jared's blog

No comments:

Post a Comment