Friday, March 6, 2015

Weekly Blog for week 1-26-15

Alabama Moon
1-28-15
Pages Read: 0-45

Prompt: Describe the setting’s time and place. Draw it.
Explain how you have been surprised by what you are reading.
Tell me about the main character. What kind of person is he/she?

         Moon and his dad lived in the forest in the middle of Alabama. They lived in a dwelling that doesn't look much like shelter. This is so the government will not find out where they live. They live in a forest that not much people live in. Their dwelling they lived in has few windows, and the windows were very narrow. They have lived in the woods for as long as Moon can remember. They set out traps in the forest to catch food. Moon's dad has taught him everything he needs to know to survive.

        I think it is very surprising how Moon has never gone to school, and how they live in the forest. Moon is 10 years old and has never been a student at a school or has also never been in any kind of school. Moon's dad has taught him to read, to write, and basic knowledge. They live mainly in the forest and almost never go out to town. The only times they have gone to town, is when they have run out of supplies, or have an errand to run. 

         The main character, Moon is very brave and feels very confident of himself. He is not afraid of living alone in the forest even after what happened to his father. He had the chance to live in a shelter, but he refused and ran away. Someone who were to do this is very brave. He states "Sure I know how to read. I can whip somebody three times my size, too. And I know everything I need to know to live on my own." This makes me believe that Moon is very confident about himself.




No comments:

Post a Comment